DEMANDING A personal chauffeur or a bath filled with designer mineral water might be more suited to five star celebrity hotels - but they are just some of the bizarre requests made by Travelodge customers in Yorkshire.
Over the last year, guests at the chain’s 32 Yorkshire hotels have come up with some weird and wonderful requests, including asking the Harrogate staff if Betty’s would deliver cake to their room; whether Leeds Bradford Airport was located half in each city; asking for a guide around the Tour de France route and even requesting a lesson in the Yorkshire accent.
Can you fill my bath with exactly 100 litres of Evian water at a temperature of 38 degrees?One of the requests at Sheffield Travelodge
Travelodge spokesman Shakila Ahmed said: “With over 17 million customers staying annually in our 506 UK Travelodge hotels, our hotel teams receive thousands of unusual requests from business and leisure travellers. Our hotel teams will always try their best to accommodate all customer requests but there are some requests that we just cannot help with such as cycling the Tour de France route.”
Here are some of the strangest requests in Yorkshire Travelodge’s this year:
· Can you call my boss and tell her I’ve hurt my leg?
· I need to be in Manchester in 30 minutes. Could you drive me there?
· Is half of Leeds Bradford Airport in Leeds and the other in Bradford?
· I’m going to watch my team play football. Could you tell my wife I’ve had to go to a meeting?
· Can you accompany me to my meeting and pretend to be my PA?
· Can you arrange for there to be snow outside of the hotel on Christmas Morning?
· Can you please be my chauffeur for the day as I need to impress my clients?
· Can I borrow your engagement ring as I would like to propose to my girlfriend this evening?
· Can you ask Betty’s to deliver some cakes to our room?
· Can you serenade my partner with our song this evening for our anniversary?
· I’m cycling the Tour de France route today, could you be our guide?
· I love the Yorkshire accent. Can you teach me how to speak it?
· Do you have to be a certain height to play for the Huddersfield Giants?
· Can you take my driving test for me tomorrow?
· Can you teach me how to play the guitar?
· Does your saver room have electricity? (Leeds Colton)
· Can you install a chimney into my room as I don’t want Santa to miss me out on Christmas Eve? (Leeds Morley)
· Can you help me with my accounts? (Vicar Lane)
· Can you call Leeds United and see if I can be the mascot? (Vicar Lane)
· Can I walk on the A1?
· Can you fill my bath with exactly 100 litres of Evian water at a temperature of 38 degrees?
· Do the footballers only play today? (it was a Wednesday)
· Could you do my shopping for me?