Test your knowledge with The Yorkshire Post’s weekly quiz...
1. Why was celebrity chef Jamie Oliver in the headlines this week?
a) He criticised Americans for eating too much sugar.
b) He let his daughters watch their mother give birth.
c) He became embroiled in a live on-air row with Gordon Ramsay.
d) He was photographed looking overweight while on holiday.
2. Where was former Prime Minister Tony Blair spotted relaxing on a yacht earlier this week?
3. After the death of the sixth Duke of Westminster, his 25-year-old son Hugh Grosvenor is now set to inherit a fortune. How much will he inherit from his father’s estate?
4. Olympic gold medalist gymnast Gabby Douglas was criticised for doing what on Tuesday?
a) Partying the night before she had to compete.
b) Not placing her hand on her heart during the US national anthem.
c) Using a swear word on television.
d) Playing on her mobile phone during the competition.
5. Pop singer Ed Sheeran was accused of ripping off parts of the Marvin Gaye song Let’s Get It On, in which of his songs?
d) Thinking Out Loud.
6. Where did Prime Minister Theresa May decide to go on her two week summer holiday?
7. Leeds City Council proposed a £300 new penalty fine for fly-tipping. About how many fly-tipping offences were reported in Leeds last year?
8. A County Durham woman who received a kidney transplant in 1973 said the 100-year-old organ is “still going strong.” Who was the donor of the kidney?
a) Her grandmother.
b) Her father.
c) A wealthy pensioner.
d) Her mother.
9. British tennis player Gabriella Taylor is suspected to have been poisoned while competing in last month’s Wimbledon Championship. Doctors found rare bacteria in what?
a) Tap water
b) Rat urine
d) Spoiled food
10. Tory MP for Sittingbourne and Sheppey, Gordon Henderson spent 10 days in hospital after doing what?
a) Eating prawns for dinner, which were later discovered to be off.
b) Falling down the stairs after a night out
c) Catching fire while using petrol to light his garden bonfire
d) Crashing his car while playing Pokemon Go.
ANSWERS: 1. b) He let his daughters witness their mother giving birth 2. c)Sicily 3. d) £9bn 4. b)Not placing hand on heart during U.S. national anthem. 5. d) Thinking Out Loud 6, a) Switzerland 7. c) 12,000 8. d) Her mother 9. b) Rat urine 10. c) He caught fire while using petrol to light his garden bonfire