Yorkshire Post February 13, 1987
THE Junior health minister, Mrs. Edwina Currie, stepped into the AIDS debate yesterday saying that "good Christian people" would not catch the disease.
She also had advice for globetrotting businessmen on how to avoid catching the Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome on trips abroad - take your wife with you.
She further warned young men going abroad on holiday this summer to restrict romantic activity to just holding hands.
Mrs. Currie was speaking to Mersey Regional Health Authority in Runcorn. She said: "Good Christian people who wouldn't dream of misbehaving will not catch AIDS.
"My message to the businessmen of this country when they go abroad on business is that there is only one thing above all they can take with them to stop them catching AIDS - and that is the wife..."
Compiled by Michael Rhodes
February 13, 2007
- Books confirm Gulf owners seeking new investment in Leeds Utd
- Gulf owner sells off more of Leeds Utd - but not to Ken Bates
- Huge queues as crash shuts M62 between Leeds and Bradford
- ‘Value play’ as Gulf bank’s books reveal more gambling over Leeds future
- Bolton’s Matt Mills could be £1m Leeds transfer target
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Yorkshire
Saturday 18 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 12 C
Wind Speed: 10 mph
Wind direction: West
Temperature: 9 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: North east