Murder probe over death of three-year-old
DETECTIVES launched a murder investigation last night after a three-year-old girl died in hospital following an incident in Sheffield.
South Yorkshire Police were alerted after paramedics were called to a terrace house in Beck Road, Shiregreen, on Friday night.
Officers arrested a 30-year-old man, also from Beck Road, after the girl, who has not been named, died at 12.20am on Saturday at Sheffield Children’s Hospital.
A police spokesman said no details of how the girl died were available but added that senior detectives were still questioning people over the death.
Neighbours said they did not know what had happened but local councillor Peter Rippon said people would be “shocked and saddened” by the news.
- Books confirm Gulf owners seeking new investment in Leeds Utd
- Gulf owner sells off more of Leeds Utd - but not to Ken Bates
- Huge queues as crash shuts M62 between Leeds and Bradford
- ‘Value play’ as Gulf bank’s books reveal more gambling over Leeds future
- Bolton’s Matt Mills could be £1m Leeds transfer target
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Yorkshire
Sunday 19 May 2013
Temperature: 9 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 10 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 17 mph
Wind direction: North