Tinsel danger alert
A veterinary charity has issued a warning to pet owners after two cats that ate tinsel needed life-saving treatment.
Two-year-old Ginge, pictured, swallowed up to three feet of the decoration from a Christmas tree and required surgery at a PDSA hospital. Nine-month-old kitten Broxi devoured red, white and blue tinsel and needed emergency treatment.
Vets acted quickly in both cases to remove the tinsel, which can rupture internal organs.
The PDSA has advised pet owners to think of their animals as they would a toddler and remove any potential dangers.
- Woolwich police raid house in Lincolnshire
- Two shot after soldier is hacked to death in street with meat cleaver
- McDermott identifies Leeds transfer targets
- Leeds MP beaten unconscious in homophobic attack hits out at Tory gay marriage rebels
- £20,000 damages for Yorkshire policewoman offered a pink gun
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Yorkshire
Friday 24 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 11 C
Wind Speed: 31 mph
Wind direction: North east
Temperature: 6 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: North