Cat dies in fire caused by unattended chip pan

Fire crews helped the horse
Fire crews helped the horse
0
Have your say

FIREFIGHTERS were unable to reach a pet cat caught up in a fire at a flat this morning.

Despite the attention of South Yorkshire fire crews, the cat died in the fire involving an unattended chip pan in Wath-Upon-Dearne, between Barnsley and Rotherham.

Two crews from Dearne fire station were called to the first floor property in Shawlands Court at around 3.15am and brought the blaze under control using breathing apparatus and hose reels jets.

The occupier of the flat, a man aged in his 20s, was not injured and was already outside the property when firefighters arrived.