Tickets for the 2013 Great Yorkshire Show have gone on sale with organisers pledging to make the event as “weatherproof” as possible.
The Yorkshire Agricultural Society said some £500,000 has been set aside to ensure the show does not fall victim to downpours again after it lost two days last year after unprecedented wet weather made much of the car parking unusable.
Nigel Pulling, chief executive, said measures would include extra drainage and roadways and the society is looking to acquire more land for car parking.
It will be held July 9–11, at the Great Yorkshire Showground, Harrogate. Tickets are available at www.greatyorkshireshow.co.uk or by calling 01423 541222.
- Woolwich police raid house in Lincolnshire
- Two shot after soldier is hacked to death in street with meat cleaver
- McDermott identifies Leeds transfer targets
- Leeds MP beaten unconscious in homophobic attack hits out at Tory gay marriage rebels
- £20,000 damages for Yorkshire policewoman offered a pink gun
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Yorkshire
Friday 24 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 11 C
Wind Speed: 31 mph
Wind direction: North east
Temperature: 6 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: North