Firemen pop up after someone puts a crumpet in the microwave

editorial image
0
Have your say

A BIT of crumpet started a fire at a house in Doncaster.

Firefighters were called out to King Street, Mexborough, after the blaze started this morning.

South Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service tweeted: “Fancy a bit of crumpet? We’re at a house fire in Mexborough caused by a crumpet overcooked in a microwave.”

A crew from Dearne Fire Station were called out to the sheltered accommodation at 11.10am after smoke had seen coming from the microwave.

A woman in her 80s is thought to have forgotten it was there. The crew was on the scene for 15 minutes.