Former Cameron adviser bailed after court appearance on child porn claims

0
Have your say

A former Downing Street aide to David Cameron has appeared in court in connection with both making and possessing indecent images of children.

Patrick Rock, who is said to have been one of the Government’s chief advisers on its plans for online pornography filters, spoke only to confirm his name and address when he answered bail by appearing at Westminster Magistrates’ Court.

Prosecutor Ruona Igvyovwe said Rock, of Fulham in south west London, has been charged with three counts of making indecent photographs of children.

He also stands accused of one count of possessing indecent images of children.

The charges relate to more than 60 images, all of which are described as being so-called category C images – the lowest on the scale.

Miss Igvyovwe said the charges related to alleged offending in the United States of America. Rock, the former deputy head of Cameron’s policy unit, had been living and working in the USA until recently.

Rock, 63, wore a dark suit, blue shirt and dark tie in the courtroom during the 25-minute hearing.

District judge John Zani granted Rock, who has no previous convictions, conditional bail.

He will now appear at Southwark Crown Court on July 17 for a further hearing.

Rock made no comment as he left court in response to questions from journalists and got into a taxi.