Former Yorkshire Show director admits child pornography charges

0
Have your say

A FORMER director of the organisation which runs the Great Yorkshire Show has pleaded guilty to possessing thousands of indecent images of children.

Former police officer Charles Littleboy, known by his middle name Kevin, yesterday pleaded guilty to 21 charges at Teesside Crown Court, including making and distributing indecent images.

Littleboy, from Howe near Thirsk in North Yorkshire, was arrested in February 2010 following an investigation by CEOP, the online child protection organisation.

After his North Yorkshire Police career, Littleboy spent several years as a director of the Yorkshire Agricultural Society which organises the annual farming showcase in Harrogate.

The 55-year-old represented the Society during an inquiry into the foot-and-mouth disease outbreak in 2001 and worked as a steward at last year’s show.

A Society spokeswoman confirmed Littleboy would not play a role at this year’s event.

His case has now been adjourned until May 8 to allow for a pre-sentence report to be prepared. He was granted unconditional bail.

Judge Peter Fox, Recorder of Middlesbrough, told him: “My giving you bail, you must clearly understand, is no indication of your sentence. For the present you are free to go.”

Littleboy admitted 11 counts of making indecent images of children, four counts of distributing indecent images of children, five counts of possessing extreme pornographic images and one count of possessing 3,889 indecent photographs of children.

North Yorkshire Police confirmed Littleboy served with the force until the mid-1980s. “None of the offences occurred while he was employed by the force,” a spokesman said.