POLICE HAVE launched a fresh appeal to find those responsible for the death of a boy.
Damian Clough, who was 12, died in a fire at his home in Kinara Close, Keighley, on April 4 2009.
At the time, two teenagers were charged with Damian’s manslaughter in relation to the blaze, but the case against them subsequently collapsed at court.
Damian’s family contacted police last year to ask them to review the case, and now police are ready to launch a new appeal which they hope will bring those responsible to justice.
Senior Investigating Officer, Detective Superintendent Nick Wallen, said: “Damian’s family have had to live with the tragic loss of their son every day for more than five years now. They are still deeply upset by his death and as yet have not got the justice they deserve.
“That is why I am again appealing to anyone to come forward with any information they might have which could assist our investigation.
“We believe that someone, possibly in the local community is likely to know who was responsible for Damian’s manslaughter and I would urge that person to come forward and contact the police.
“There is a chance that allegiances might have changed in the years which have passed, and that the person who holds the vital information could now be in a position to speak to us.”
Damian’s father, David Clough, said: “There is not a day that goes by when we don’t think of Damian and how different things would be for us, had he not been taken from us in such tragic circumstances.”
Call the Protective Services (Crime) Department on 101.