Hospital says sorry for burning patient

0
Have your say

A hospital has apologised after a patient was set on fire during an operation.

The unnamed patient suffered skin burns when a cleaning solution ignited during a surgical procedure at Scarborough Hospital on Monday. An investigation was immediately launched.

Liz Booth, director of operations, said: “I can confirm that during a surgical procedure a solution used to clean the skin ignited, causing skin burns to the patient. The skin burn was treated immediately and the patient was kept in hospital overnight.

“As a precaution the patient was transferred to Castle Hill Hospital for further assessment and on return was discharged.

“We are extremely sorry for any pain and distress caused to the patient.”

Back to the top of the page