‘Legal highs’ warning as four men collapse

0
Have your say

POLICE have warned of the dangers of taking so-called “legal highs” after four men collapsed and were rushed to hospital after taking a substance bought online.

The men were at an address in Llandough in South Wales late on Saturday when they collapsed, having taken GBL purchased over the internet.

All four men were taken to the University Hospital of Wales by ambulance. Two remain at the hospital in a critical but stable condition.

Detective Inspector David Rees, of South Wales Police, said: “Substances which are sold as legal highs may contain illegal or dangerous products which can have severe consequences for anyone who takes them.”

The incident follows the death of 35-year-old man in Gosport, Hampshire, which police believe is also linked to legal highs.

And officers in Northumbria have issued an urgent warning over the substance Salvia. One teenager was admitted to hospital having smoked a cigarette containing the drug, while another was arrested on suspicion of grabbing a baby from a pram and throwing it to the floor after taking the herbal drug.

The baby suffered minor injuries.

Back to the top of the page