DCSIMG

Tinsel danger alert

A veterinary charity has issued a warning to pet owners after two cats that ate tinsel needed life-saving treatment.

Two-year-old Ginge, pictured, swallowed up to three feet of the decoration from a Christmas tree and required surgery at a PDSA hospital. Nine-month-old kitten Broxi devoured red, white and blue tinsel and needed emergency treatment.

Vets acted quickly in both cases to remove the tinsel, which can rupture internal organs.

The PDSA has advised pet owners to think of their animals as they would a toddler and remove any potential dangers.

 

Comments

 
 

Back to the top of the page