Man hurt in incident at Selby chemical plant

Stock fire picture.
Stock fire picture.
0
Have your say

A worker at a Selby chemical plant was taken to hospital for treatment last night after being overcome by fumes.

Emergency services were called to an incident at the Industrial Chemicals Group Ltd in Canal View at 10.15pm, after a man fell ill.

He was taken to York District Hospital by paramedics for treatment.

North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service said he had become overcome by fumes, and they had assisted in decontaminating the area.

“It is believed the cause was due to insufficient personal protection equipment being used rather than an actual chemical leak,” a statement said.

Police have said they would like to reassure the public there is not believed to be any threat to the safety of the wider community.

Cordons were put in place as police investigated, but officers have now confirmed that this has been lifted and the incident has now been passed onto the Health and Safety Executive.