france provided new satellite data yesterday showing possible debris from the missing Malaysia Airlines jet as searchers continued to comb a remote part of the southern Indian Ocean.
The new information given to Malaysia’s government and forwarded to searchers in Australia shows “potential objects” in the same part of the ocean where satellite images previously released by Australia and China showed objects that could be debris from the plane, Malaysia’s Ministry of Transport said in a statement.
Flight 370 went missing over the Gulf of Thailand on March 8 with 239 people on board en route from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, to Beijing, setting off a multinational search effort that has turned up nothing conclusive so far on what happened to the jet.
Yesterday’s search was frustrating because “there was cloud down to the surface and at times we were completely enclosed by cloud,” Royal Australian Air Force flight Lt Russell Adams said at the military base where the planes take off and land on their missions.
Nothing of interest to searchers was found, he said.