More images released in hunt for spending cuts-protest rioters

0
Have your say

Police have released further images of people they want to identify in connection with the violent disorder and criminal damage which followed the mass protest against the Government’s public spending cuts.

Groups of activists clashed with riot police in central London as a separate TUC-organised demonstration and rally at Hyde Park passed off peacefully.

Banks and shops were targeted, while buildings and landmarks in Trafalgar Square, Piccadilly and Oxford Street were vandalised amid the trouble on Saturday, March 26.

The Metropolitan Police want to trace individuals from the latest close-up shots, which capture men in hooded tops and also includes one brunette female.

Detective Chief Superintendent Matthew Horne, who is leading the investigation, named Operation Brontide, said: “A significant number of individuals that were intent on causing violence and damage have already been identified and arrested thanks to members of the public.

“These further images are released in order that those who decided to cause fear to shoppers and tourists on the day can be brought to justice.”

Police said there had been a total of 205 arrests.

Back to the top of the page