Neighbours rescue sleeping man from fire

0
Have your say

Neighbours mounted a rescue after a fire broke out in their flats.

Three people, including two men and a woman, helped a man in his 60s to escape from a burning first floor flat in Bradford.

The incident happened at 8.20pm yesterday on Hallwood Green.

Firefighters from Idle Station attended the incident and remained on the scene for about two hours.

A firefighter said: “The man who was rescued had been asleep in the flat, which was filling with smoke. Neighbours smelt it and went to see if he was okay and ended up rescuing him. He was very lucky.”

All four were taken to hospital to be treated for the effects of smoke inhalation.