Public school pupil dies after inhaling laughing gas

0
Have your say

A public schoolboy died after inhaling laughing gas with his friends, his devastated sister has revealed.

Promising art student Joseph Benett, 17, suffered a cardiac arrest after taking the popular party drug on August 31.

The teenager, from Hampstead, north London, fell into a coma but died last Thursday with his family at his bedside.

His grieving sister Camille, 27, told the Ham&High newspaper: “He just never woke up. He had such terrible brain damage.”

Joseph, who attended University College School, Hampstead, was at a friend’s house when he collapsed. Headteacher Kenneth Durham said: “It is an absolute tragedy.”

Back to the top of the page