Toxicology test into woman’s drug death

0
Have your say

A WOMAN collapsed and died after taking the so-called party drug MCat.

Aimee Jade Costello, 20, of Leeds had a fit after taking the banned substance, officially known as mephedrone.

She was taken to the city’s St James’s Hospital but was confirmed dead on the evening of April 4. Toxicology tests are being carried out to confirm whether drugs or alcohol contributed to her death.

An inquest was opened at Wakefield Coroner’s Court on Friday.

It heard Miss Costello, who was single, unemployed and lived at home with her parents, went to a friend’s house at about 2.15am on April 4.

A statement read to the court said: “Throughout the morning Miss Costello and her associates took the MCat. At around 6.45pm she started to fit.”

An ambulance was called and she was taken to St James’s. The inquest was adjourned pending inquiries and the outcome to toxicology tests.

Back to the top of the page