Two hospitalised after West Yorkshire flat fire

editorial image

Two people were hospitalised in West Yorkshire last night after the oven in a flat caught fire.

Firefighters donned breathing apparaus to enter the smoke-filled home in Skipton Road, Steeton, at around 9.45pm.

The crews from Silsden and Skipton used a hose reel to put out the flames before clearing the smoke using positive pressure ventilation.

A spokesman for West Yorkshire Fire Service said: "Two people were given oxygen therapy for smoke inhalation and taken to hospital by ambulance.

"Smoke detectors were fitted and working at the time of the incident."

Back to the top of the page