Tuesday football: Full-time scores from Hull, Owls, Leeds, Millers, Town, Boro, Blades, Rovers, Tykes and York

Jose Baxter fires Sheffield United in front against Colchester.
Jose Baxter fires Sheffield United in front against Colchester.
Have your say

Hull City climbed out of the Premier League drop zone after victory over fellow strugglers Aston Villa.

Nikica Jelavic fired the Tigers in front on 22 minutes at the KC Stadium.

And it only got better for Hull after the break as new signing Dame N’Doye - who only signed on transfer deadline day in a £3m deal - netted their second of the evening.

Elsewhere, in the Championship Huddersfield Town lost 4-1. They trailed after just 12 minutes against Wolverhampton, Nouha Dicko netting at the John Smith’s Stadium.

And it only got worse in the second half, Conor Coady scoring an own goal to make it 2-0.

Town’s former loan striker Benik Afobe added a third for Wolves on the hour, before James Vaughan (62) replied. Dicko capped a sorry night for Town with a late goal.

Kieran Lee (20) put Sheffield Wednesday 1-0 up at Ipswich Town. Daryl Murphy equalised for the hosts six minutes after half-time, before Luke Chambers (67) got the winner for Ipswich.

Rotherham United trailed at half-time to Craig Conway’s 41st minute goal at Blackburn Rovers.

Millers striker Matt Derbyshire levelled matters 19 minutes from time.

But up popped Jordan Rhodes with four minutes remaining to snatch a late Rovers goal.

It was scoreless in Leeds United’s game at Reading at half-time, but Luke Murphy broke the deadlock on 62 minutes, Sam Byram made sure of the win in stoppage time.

It took Middlesbrough until the 81st minute to break down a stubborn Blackpool. Veteran defender Jonathan Woodgate was on hand to provide the opening goal, but a Ben Gibson own-goal levelled matters.

With three minutes remaining, Kike netted for Boro.

In League One, Sheffield United were quick out of the blocks as Jose Baxter gave them an eighth-minute lead against Colchester United at Bramall Lane.

New signing Matty Done added a second for the hosts in the 37th minute, before Jay McEveley (59) made it 3-0.

Sammie Szmodics pulled a goal back for the visitors with 20 minutes remaining, before Baxter restored the three-goal advantage with a penalty.

At Oakwell, Peter Ramage netted after five minutes of Barnsley’s meeting with Fleetwood. The lead was shortlived as Conor McLaughlin equalised nine minutes later, before Liam McAlinden (33) put the visitors in front.

Defender Andy Butler fired Doncaster Rovers ahead at Crawley Town with 37 minutes on the clock. Richie Wellens added a second on 55 minutes, before Nathan Tyson and Harry Forrester netted to make it 4-0. Curtis Main added a late fifth goal.

In League Two, York City took the lead via a 55th minute Josh Carson strike at Luton Town. And it was swiftly 2-0, Emile Sinclair pouncing four minutes later.

York’s job was made harder when Jake Hyde was red-carded, and Mark Cullen took advantage of the numerical advantage to make it 2-2 with two goals inside six minutes. McNulty was sent off late on for Luton.

FT Scores

Premier League

Hull City 2-0 Aston Villa


Huddersfield 1-4 Wolves

Ipswich 2-1 Wednesday

Reading 0-2 Leeds

Blackburn 2-1 Rotherham

Blackpool 1-2 Boro

League One

Blades 4-1 Colchester

Barnsley 1-2 Fleetwood

Crawley 0-5 Doncaster

League Two

Luton 2-2 York City