Blackpool in growing line of Hammill's admirers

Blackpool manager Ian Holloway has confirmed he is interested in signing Barnsley winger Adam Hammill.

Hammill has scored eight goals for the Tykes so far this term and his impressive performances in the npower Championship have led to him being linked with a host of clubs, with Wolverhampton the front-runners with an expected 500,000 offer.

Holloway yesterday spoke of his admiration for the 22-year-old, who had a spell on loan from Liverpool at Bloomfield Road in the 2008-09 season, although the manager stressed there is some way to go before any deal for Hammill might be concluded.

"There are lots of people who would be interested in Adam Hammill," Holloway said.

"His agent has done a good job and there is a clause in his contract which guarantees you can get him.

"We're not the only ones who know that, but we like the boy and we've had him on loan here.

"But he's not my player and there are a lot of things that have got to happen before he is.

"There are a lot of other clubs who want him, so the boy is in a great situation."

Meanwhile, Holloway has once again emphasised that he views a bid of 3.5m for Seasiders captain Charlie Adam – reportedly made by Aston Villa – to be derisory.

"I don't believe it is right for him to move at the moment," Holloway said.

"The offers we are getting and the clubs that are asking about him, I believe he is better than that, with the greatest respect to them.

"3.5m for him? You're taking the mickey out of us, it is an absolutely disgraceful offer.

"Why is it in the paper and why are they talking about it when they are below us?"

Leicester have signed Everton striker Ayegbeni Yakubu on loan until the end of the season.

The Championship club have reached an agreement with the Toffees which could lead to a permanent deal in the summer.

The 28-year-old Nigeria international passed a medical on Wednesday.

FIFA have confirmed that two executive members, Amos Adamu and Reynald Temarii, have formally appealed against bans imposed as a result of a Sunday Times undercover investigation,

Adamu from Nigeria was banned for three years by FIFA's ethics committee in November after being found guilty of breaching rules on bribery while Temarii, of Tahiti, was banned for one year for breaching ethics guidelines. Both have denied any wrongdoing.