DONCASTER Rovers suffered a jolt to their League One promotion quest as David McGoldrick led rampant Coventry City to a 4-1 success at the Keepmoat Stadium.
Former Doncaster loanne Franck Moussa fired Coventry into a third-minute lead with a simple header from Nottingham Forest loanee McGoldrick putting the visitors 2-0 up 23 minutes later.
McGoldrick then struck his second 13 minutes after the break and a Chris Brown effort from Rovers 14 minutes from time was to prove no prelude to a comeback.
Instead, Adam Barton bagged Coventry’s fourth with one minute left to put the icing on the cake of a comfortable away success.
- Woolwich police raid house in Lincolnshire
- Two shot after soldier is hacked to death in street with meat cleaver
- McDermott identifies Leeds transfer targets
- Leeds MP beaten unconscious in homophobic attack hits out at Tory gay marriage rebels
- £20,000 damages for Yorkshire policewoman offered a pink gun
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Yorkshire
Friday 24 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 11 C
Wind Speed: 31 mph
Wind direction: North east
Temperature: 6 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: North