LEEDS United midfielder Rudy Austin will not miss the rest of the season as was first feared at the weekend after scan results revealed he has cracked a bone in his ankle.
The news will be a big boost to manager Neil Warnock, who expressed fears the Jamaica midfielder had suffered a double fracture after being stretchered off during Saturday’s 6-1 home drubbing at the hands of Watford.
“It’s better news than we first thought,” said Warnock.
“The swelling made it difficult for us to get a full diagnosis until Monday evening. We wish him well in his recovery and hopefully he will be back with us sooner rather than later.”
- Books confirm Gulf owners seeking new investment in Leeds Utd
- Gulf owner sells off more of Leeds Utd - but not to Ken Bates
- Huge queues as crash shuts M62 between Leeds and Bradford
- ‘Value play’ as Gulf bank’s books reveal more gambling over Leeds future
- Bolton’s Matt Mills could be £1m Leeds transfer target
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Yorkshire
Sunday 19 May 2013
Temperature: 10 C to 19 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: West
Temperature: 11 C to 19 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: North