LEEDS UNITED say they will know the extent of Rudy Austin’s leg injury when they receive scan results later this week.
The Jamaican international was stretchered off early in the second half of Saturday’s calamitous 6-1 home loss to Watford, with boss Neil Warnock revealing after the game he thought the midfielder had suffered a double fracture of his leg.
But the club do not yet have any definitive news regarding the former SK Brann player and are waiting until the swelling has subsided and Austin has undergone further scans before diagnosing the extent of the injury.
Warnock said: “We were all shocked by what happened and our thoughts were with Rudy. Other things pale into insignificance when you see things like that.
“We’ll know more about the full extent once the swelling has gone down and he has had a further scan.”
- Woolwich police raid house in Lincolnshire
- Two shot after soldier is hacked to death in street with meat cleaver
- McDermott identifies Leeds transfer targets
- Leeds MP beaten unconscious in homophobic attack hits out at Tory gay marriage rebels
- £20,000 damages for Yorkshire policewoman offered a pink gun
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Yorkshire
Thursday 23 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 11 C
Wind Speed: 26 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 5 C to 11 C
Wind Speed: 31 mph
Wind direction: North east