LEEDS UNITED have entered the bidding to sign Stephen Warnock by approaching Aston Villa about a loan deal for the out-of-favour left-back.
Sources in the West Midlands revealed that both Leeds and Wolverhampton Wanderers have expressed a firm interest in 31-year-old Warnock, who spent the first half of this season on loan at Bolton Wanderers.
United’s range of left-backs was recently weakened by the loss to injury of Adam Drury and Villa are ready to release Warnock on a long-term loan having failed to use him in a single first-team fixture since the end of last term.
- Books confirm Gulf owners seeking new investment in Leeds Utd
- Gulf owner sells off more of Leeds Utd - but not to Ken Bates
- Huge queues as crash shuts M62 between Leeds and Bradford
- ‘Value play’ as Gulf bank’s books reveal more gambling over Leeds future
- Bolton’s Matt Mills could be £1m Leeds transfer target
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Yorkshire
Sunday 19 May 2013
Temperature: 10 C to 19 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: West
Temperature: 11 C to 19 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: North