LEEDS boss Neil Warnock feels the club’s promotion hopes this season could hinge on the proposed takeover by GFH Capital being completed in time for the January transfer window.
Bahrain-based investment bank GFH Capital and Leeds chairman Ken Bates announced at the end of last month the £40million deal was close to completion.
“Everybody knows what we’re waiting for really,” Warnock said. “If we don’t get anyone in I think we’d be where we are now (in the table) come January but everybody at the club knows that.
“He’s (Bates) asked me to pick players out, to look for players for January if the takeover comes off etc and that’s what I’ve been doing, and they’re aware I’d love to get one or two in before the loan window ends.”
- Woolwich police raid house in Lincolnshire
- Two shot after soldier is hacked to death in street with meat cleaver
- McDermott identifies Leeds transfer targets
- Leeds MP beaten unconscious in homophobic attack hits out at Tory gay marriage rebels
- £20,000 damages for Yorkshire policewoman offered a pink gun
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Yorkshire
Thursday 23 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 10 C
Wind Speed: 21 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 5 C to 11 C
Wind Speed: 29 mph
Wind direction: North east