York City slipped to a home defeat to Torquay and left manager Gary Mills to reflect that his players looked scared.
Goals from Danny Stevens and Joe Oastler punished York and left Mills to evaluate his side.
”I thought we were poor in a sense today,” he said. “I didn’t see much belief out there for the first time today.
“I think we looked scared at times. We gave it a go and at times today it wasn’t good enough.
“We had chances but it’s a recipe for disaster when you’re giving away sloppy goals and not taking yours. You end up losing games and that’s what’s happened to us today.”
Stevens collected Kevin Nicholson’s low cross and planted a cool finish past Michael Ingham.
Lanre Oyebanjo and Alex Rodman both forced Gulls goalkeeper Michael Poke into action as the hosts tried to get themselves level.
But it was Oastler who bundled in for 2-0 from Rene Howe’s pass.
- Woolwich police raid house in Lincolnshire
- Two shot after soldier is hacked to death in street with meat cleaver
- McDermott identifies Leeds transfer targets
- Leeds MP beaten unconscious in homophobic attack hits out at Tory gay marriage rebels
- £20,000 damages for Yorkshire policewoman offered a pink gun
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Yorkshire
Thursday 23 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 11 C
Wind Speed: 26 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 5 C to 11 C
Wind Speed: 31 mph
Wind direction: North east