TYNEDALE upset the form book to head home with their first away win of the season after defeating a disappointing Wharfedale.
Having totally dominated the first half, Tynedale reached the break 27-0 ahead, a bonus point already secured, and the outcome of the game effectively decided.
Tries from winger Andrew Moralee, full-back Chris Harris and a brace from the outstanding other wing Hamish Smales – with stand-off Matthew Outson booting an additional seven points – did the damage.
After the break, tries on behalf of the pack from Steve Graham, and then his substitute at hooker Ian Larkin, roused the home crowd for the first time, but there was never a realistic chance of overhauling the visitors.
Greens’ centre Joe Donkin scored a fine late try, but it was far too little, far too late. Alex Fieldhouse added a fifth try for the visitors, converted from the touchline by Outson.
- Books confirm Gulf owners seeking new investment in Leeds Utd
- Gulf owner sells off more of Leeds Utd - but not to Ken Bates
- Huge queues as crash shuts M62 between Leeds and Bradford
- ‘Value play’ as Gulf bank’s books reveal more gambling over Leeds future
- Bolton’s Matt Mills could be £1m Leeds transfer target
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Yorkshire
Saturday 18 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 13 C
Wind Speed: 10 mph
Wind direction: West
Temperature: 9 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: North west