1. Name the two Yorkshire clubs beaten at Wembley last season in play-off finals?
2. True or false? Former Sheffield United manager Kevin Blackwell is also a qualified butcher?
3. Striker Craig Bellamy made his debut for Cardiff City against which Yorkshire club this season?
4. Which former Leeds United manager is now in charge of League One sid
e Plymouth Argyle?
5. Rotherham United striker Adam Le Fondre scored how many goals in all competitions last season; 30, 31, or 32?
6. Name the two English clubs previously owned by new Sheffield Wednesday chairman Milan Mandaric?
7. What nationality is Barnsley striker Jeronimo Morales?
8. Which former England international is currently plying his trade with Bradford City?
9. What are the christian names of the three Clarkes who play for Huddersfield Town?
10. Who scored Hull City's final goal in the Premier League last season?
The world cup
1 Who scored 'that' goal for the USA against England in the 2010 World Cup?
2 What stadium was the 2010 final staged at?
3 Who beat eventual winners Spain in the group stage?
4 What was the result of the opening game of the 2010 tournament?
5 Name England's three goalscorers in the 2010 World Cup?
6 Miroslav Klose joined Gerd Muller as the second- highest goalscorer of all-time in World Cup finals on 14. Who holds the record with 15?
7 Which Premier League player was sent off during Holland's 1-0 final defeat to Spain?
8 Who were the only country to remain unbeaten at the 2010 World Cup?
9 Name the two beaten semi-finalists.
10 What was unique about Italy's World Cup in 2010?
1 Who were the only three representatives from Yorkshire clubs to make the Super League Dream Team?
2 In suffering a new club record, how many games did decimated Bradford Bulls lose on the bounce during their dismal summer?
3 How many hat-tricks did Huddersfield Giants' England winger Dave Hodgson score in 2010 and who did he score them against?
1) Who did Leeds Carnegie's Hendre Fourie make his England debut against?
2) Which former Gloucester and England Schoolboys international has signed a deal with Super League club Leeds Rhinos?
3) Who is the player-coach of Harrogate?
4) What did Otley coach Mark Luffman do to gain national headlines in December?
5) Which former Kiwi and England star signed for Rotherham Titans ahead of the 2010-11 season?
6) How many Premiership games did Leeds Carnegie win in 2010?
7) Who is the world's current number one international team?
8) What score did England defeat Australia at Twickenham in November?
9) What was the name of Gloucester's inspirational chairman who died in 2010?
10) Which Welshman leads Doncaster Knights?
1. How many winners did champion jockey Paul Hanagan ride in 2010?
2. Paul Hanagan won the very first race of the Flat season at Doncaster. On which horse?
3. Which Yorkshire-trained horse won the Stewards Cup at Glorious Goodwood?
4. By how many lengths did Workforce win the Epsom Derby; five, six or seven?
5. Which horse won the Totesport Ebor Handicap at York?
6. Tony McCoy won his first Grand National on Don't Push It. Which horse was runner-up?
7. Name Ferdy Murphy's 2010 Cheltenham Festival winner.
8. Who rode Nacarat to victory in the Charlie Hall Chase at Wetherby?
9. What were the winning odds of October 2010 Wetherby winner Maoi Chinn Tire?
10. How many races has the Sue Smith-trained Mister McGoldrick won during his career?
1) In which city did Sheffield athlete Jessica Ennis add the world indoor pentathlon title to the world outdoor heptathlon title she had previously won in Berlin?
2) Who was Great Britain's only gold medal winner at the Winter Olympics in Vancouver?
3) Who won the men's downhill at the Winter Olympics?
4) Which Swiss star won gold in ski-jumping's normal and large hill lympic finals?
5) How many gold medals did Sheffield squash ace Nick Matthew win at the Commonwealth Games?
6) Where did England finish on the medals table at the Commonwealths?
7) Yorkshire's Danielle Brown is a paralympic competitor who won a gold medal in what able-bodied sport in Delhi?
8) Who won Formula 1's British Grand Prix ahead of Lewis Hamilton?
9) How many grands prix did 2009 world champion Jenson Button win in 2010?
10) How many times did the man who claimed pole position win the grand prix in 2010?
11) How many points did Yorkshire-based Virgin Racing accumulate in their debut season?
12) In the 2010 Tour de France, how many stages did British sprint star Mark Cavendish win?
13) How many stages did the eventual overall Tour winner Alberto Contador win?
14) Lance Armstrong retired after competing in this year's Tour de France. How many times did he win cycling's most famous race?
15) Yorkshire's Lizzie Simmonds won gold at swimming's European Championships in Budapest in which race?
16) Yorkshire's Joe Roebuck won which colour medal in the 200m individual medley in Budapest?
17) Which Briton won silver in the men's 100m final at the European Athletics Championships in Barcelona?
18) Yorkshire's Martyn Bernard won which colour medal in the high jump in Barcelona?
19) Who won the NFL Super Bowl in February which was played out in dramatic fashion at the Sun Life Stadium in Miami, Florida?
20) British ice hockey's Hull Stingrays were taken over in 2010 by which rival Elite League club?
1) Where did Yorkshire finish in last season's County Championship?
2) Can you name the only two counties who beat Yorkshire in the four-day competition?
3) On which three grounds did Yorkshire achieve Championship away wins?
4) Which batsman hit the most Championship hundreds for Yorkshire?
5) Who was Yorkshire's leading Championship run-scorer?
6) Who claimed the most wickets for Yorkshire in four-day cricket?
7) Who took 6-32 in a one-day game against Derbyshire at Headingley – Yorkshire's best figures of the season?
8) Yorkshire handed a Championship debut to which pace bowler against Nottinghamshire at Trent Bridge?
9) Who was Yorkshire's leading run-scorer in Twenty20 cricket?
10) Which former Yorkshire pace bowler rejoined the club at the end of the season?
1) Who did England beat in the semi-final of the ICC World Twenty20?
2) What was the result of the NatWest one-day series between England and Pakistan?
3) Who scored an unbeaten century for England in the last game of that series?
4) Yorkshire bowler Ajmal Shahzad made his Test debut against Bangladesh at which venue?
5) Who was Shahzad's first Test wicket?
6) What was the result of this summer's NatWest one-day series between England and Bangladesh?
7) Where did Pakistan gain their solitary Test win against England last summer?
8) Who was England's leading wicket-taker in their four-Test series against Pakistan?
9) Stuart Broad made his first Test hundred against Pakistan at Lord's. How many did he score?
10) Prior to hitting 227 against Australia in the second Test at Adelaide, what was Kevin Pietersen's highest Test score?
1) How many wins did World No1 Lee Westwood achieve in 2010?
2) Of the four sessions at the 2010 Ryder Cup, how many did the victorious European team win?
3) Who was the lowest points scorer on the European team?
4) Who was the only player of the 24 at Celtic Manor not to lose a match?
5) How many Americans finished in the top 10 at the Open at St Andrews?
6) Where did Tiger Woods finish at the Masters?
7) On which course did Rory McIlroy win his first US PGA Tour event?
8) Which Yorkshire golfer competed in all four majors in 2010?
9) Yorkshire's John Parry claimed his first win on the European Tour in September, but in which country?
10) Which English golfer called a one-shot penalty on himself in a play-off at the Dubai World Championship in November?
Football: 1. Rotherham United and York City; 2. False; 3. Doncaster Rovers; 4. Peter Reid; 5. 30; 6. Portsmouth and Leicester City; 7. Argentinian; 8. Lee Hendrie; 9. Peter, Nathan, and Tom; 10. Mark Cullen.
World Cup: 1. Clint Dempsey; 2. Soccer City, Johannesburg; 3. Switzerland; 4. South Africa 1 Mexico 1; 5. Matthew Upson, Steven Gerrard and Jermaine Defoe; 6. Ronaldo; 7. Everton's John Heitinga; 8. New Zealand (played three, drew three); 9. Uruguay and Germany; 10. It was the first time the Italians had failed to win a game at a finals.
Rugby league: 1. Ryan Hall, Keith Senior (both Leeds Rhinos), Michael Dobson (Hull KR); 2. 12 – starting on May 23 lasting until they finally beat Wakefield on August 22; 3. Four – Hull KR (a), Castleford (h), Crusaders (a) and Wigan (h); 4. Lee Briers (Warrington); 5. Tom Briscoe (Hull FC); 6. Five – Leroy Cudjoe, Kevin Brown, Luke Robinson, Darrell Griffin and Shaun Lunt; 7. Danny Kirmond (on loan) and Michael Korkidas; 8. Saw part of a finger sliced off while scaling a fence in Perpignan; 9. 1924 and the Championship final win against Wigan; 10. Wigan's Pat Richards.
Rugby union: 1. New Zealand; 2. Rory Kettlewell; 3. Mike Aspinwall; 4. On route to a game at Coventry, steered the team coach to safety on the M1 after its driver passed out at the wheel; 5. Henry Paul; 6. Five; 7. New Zealand; 8. 35-18; 9. Tom Walkinshaw; 10. Lynn Howells.
Racing: 1. 191; 2. Irish Heartbeat; 3. Evens and Odds; 4. Seven; 5. Dirar; 6. Black Apalachi; 7. Poker de Sivola; 8. Sam Thomas; 9. 200-1; 10. 15. General sport: 1. Doha; 2. Amy Williams; 3. Didier Defago; 4. Simon Ammann; 5. Two; 6. Third; 7. Archery; 8. Mark Webber; 9. Two; 10. Eight; 11. None; 12. Five; 13. None; 14. Seven; 15. 200m backstroke; 16. Bronze; 17. Mark Lewis-Francis; 18. Bronze; 19. New Orleans Saints; 20. Coventry Blaze.
Cricket: 1. Third; 2. Somerset and Kent; 3. Edgbaston, Chester-le-Street and Trent Bridge; 4. Jacques Rudolph (four); 5. Adam Lyth (1,509); 6. Adil Rashid (57); 7. Steve Patterson; 8. Moin Ashraf; 9. Herschelle Gibbs (443); 10. Ryan Sidebottom.
England cricket: 1. Sri Lanka; 2. England won 3-2; 3. Eoin Morgan; 4. Old Trafford; 5. Mohammad Ashraful; 6. England won 2-1; 7. The Oval; 8. James Anderson (23); 9. 169; 10. 226 against the West Indies at Headingley in 2007.
Golf: 1. Two; 2. One; 3. Francesco Molinari; 4. Stewart Cink; 5. Two (Nick Watney and Sean O'Hair); 6. Tied fourth; 7. Quail Hollow; 8. Simon Dyson; 9. France; 10. Ian Poulter.