Flat caps are becoming fashionable again in Yorkshire - but who has been wearing them and what can you get for your money? Here we look at five fascinating facts about flat caps...
• Hollywood superstars Leonardo Di Caprio and Brad Pitt have both been pictured out in public, during winter 2015-6, wearing a flat cap. Both men were in New York - Di Caprio wore a grey flat cap as he went out shopping; Pitt sported a grey one as he headed to the airport.
• Fancy looking like Watson, who was Sherlock Holmes’s sidekick? You can buy a Watson Country Tweed hat for £79 from Christys’. If that price sounds too steep, why not go for Sherlock’s look? One of his tweed hats will cost you £50.
• Supporters of Yorkshire football club Bradford City set the new Guinness World Record for flat caps at a single venue, back in April, when 403 wore them at a match against Preston North End. It helped them raise more than £10,000 for the city’s Burns Unit.
• David Beckham wore a dark grey flat cap when he was out in Los Angeles this year - he admits that he listens to what Victoria says about fashion “99 per cent of the time” and she is a fashion designer these days.
• Olympians have used flat caps when representing their countries in opening ceremonies - the Canadian team sported them at the 1998 Winter Olympics and the United States wore them at the 2008 Summer Olympics.