Gardens to visit across Yorkshire this autumn...
• Cannon Hall, Cawthorne, Barnsley. Weekdays and Sundays 10.30am-4pm. Saturday 3pm. 01226 790270, barnsley.gov.uk
• Ripley Castle Gardens, near Harrogate. Walled garden, deer park, woodland and lakeside walk. Open daily all year, 9am-4.30pm. 01423 770152, ripleycastle.co.uk
• RHS Garden Harlow Carr, Harrogate. Open daily. 01423 565418, rhs.org.uk/harlowcarr
• Wentworth Castle Gardens, Lowe Lane, Stainborough, Barnsley. Gardens open daily, 10am-4pm. Entrance to parkland free. 01226 776040, wentworthcastle.org
• Wentworth Woodhouse Gardens, Wentworth, near Rotherham, South Yorkshire. Ornamental gardens. Admission by donation. Access via Wentworth Garden Centre. Open 9.30am-4.30pm. 01226 744842, wentworthgardencentre.co.uk
• Yorkshire Lavender, Terrington, York, Gardens, specialist plant nursery, gift shop and tea room. Free admission. Daily 10am-5pm. 01653 648008, yorkshirelavender.com