IT HAS been a bittersweet week, with the aftermath of the Tunisia massacre never far from the headlines, but also the start of the summer heatwave and the pomp of Armed Forces Day. Here is our selection of the week in pictures.
This week’s selection includes...
• The heatwave hits Yorkshire
• Dramatic thunderstorms
• Hailstones the size of golf galls
• Europe’s largest potash mine is greenlit at a meeting in Whitby
• 150 years of steam at Goathland Station
• Heathrow Airport to get a third runway
• A huge hoard of Viking coins in Yorkshire
• Armed Forces Day
• Glastonbury revellers leave the mud and debris behind
• The RHS Hampton Court flower show
• Sousse, Tunisia, mounts a show of solidarity
• The bodies of the British victims are repatriated
• ...and tributes are left on the Tunisia beach