With the help of our friends at Hotel Chocolat, we are offering a lucky winner a fabulous prize this year - The Everything Sleekster Chocolate Gift Box.
The prize includes 27 iconic chocolates, handpicked by Hotel Chocolat customers.
This star-studded milk, dark and white chocolate gift box collection houses Hotel Chocolat’s top-selling chocolates, ever.
Hotel Chocolat says the Everything Sleekster Chocolate Gift Box is its most popular box for the festive period.
The top-selling chocolates include Champagne Truffle, Caramel Cheesecake, Cherry Deluxe, Eton Mess, Mousse au Chocolat, Going Nuts, Supermilk Caesar, Raspberry Smoothie, Peanut Praline, Billionaire’s Shortbread, Florentine Isabelle, Fudge Sundae, Carrot Cake, The Brownie and Dark Dizzy Praline.
So treat yourself and enter the quiz. Please email your answers and your postal address to email@example.com to arrive no later than January 4, 2019.
We will publish the correct answers in the New Year.
1. In November, housebuilding giant Persimmon asked its chief executive Jeff Fairburn to step down following the furore over his massive payout. Mr Fairburn’s pay packet sparked outrage among politicians and shareholders earlier this year.
How much did Mr Fairburn receive?
2. Which Yorkshire retail boss said: “The current trading conditions are unprecedented in our experience and are significantly worse even than during the recession of 2008/9.”
A) Card Factory’s chief executive Karen Hubbard
B) Safestyle’s chief executive Mike Gallacher
C) Bonmarche’s chief executive Helen Connolly
3. When Lincolnshire-born Mark Smith first joined Barnsley-based structural steel firm Billington Holdings, he was a bit gob-smacked to find himself referred to as “that Southerner”.
In a profile with The Yorkshire Post, Mr Smith made the fatal mistake of admitting that he was currently reading which book?
A) 50 Shades of Grey by E.L. James
B) Seventy Two Virgins by Boris Johnson
C) Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov
4. Asda is selling a limited edition Christmas pizza complete with turkey, pigs in blankets and sage and stuffing balls with a sachet of cranberry sauce.
How much does it cost?
A) £2.30 for a 10-inch pizza
B) £4.30 for a 10-inch pizza
C) £6.30 for a 10-inch pizza
5. Which of these projects has structural steel firm Severfield NOT worked on this year?
A) The new stadium for Tottenham Hotspur FC
B) The retractable roof for Wimbledon No. 1 Court
C) Centre Point
6. The Westminster attack in August raised awareness of the vital role that barriers and other street furniture can play in preventing terrorist attacks.
Which Yorkshire firm said this is a rapidly growing area for the firm as it reported strong half year results?
7. Morrisons has launched a one kilogram ‘Too Good to Waste’ box to sell fruit and veg that are at the end of their shelf life, but are perfectly good to eat. How much will it cost?
8. One Yorkshire firm delivered record volumes over the Black Friday-Cyber Monday weekend for a number of key customers. Its chief executive said: “It was unbelievable. It used to be Black Friday and Cyber Monday, but now it’s Black November.” Which firm was speaking?
A) Clipper Logistics
B) Premier Farnell
C) Croda International
9. Leeds City College’s Quarry Hill campus is due to open next year. What is the cost of the new site?
10. Social media giant Facebook committed to spend £4.5m to support which industry?
B) Data science
11. Which Indian cricket legend did Leeds-based cricket shoe firm Payntr sign a joint venture agreement with this year?
A) Sachin Tendulkar
B) Virat Kohli
C) Mahendra Singh Dhoni
12. Which two former sportsmen have teamed up to launch a hair loss clinic in Harrogate?
A) Ryan Giggs and Michael Vaughan
B) David Beckham and Andrew Flintoff
C) Jamie Redknapp and Geoffrey Boycott
13. What did Manohar Lal Khattar, chief minister of the Northern Indian state of Haryana, call for during his visit to Yorkshire?
A) More regulation in trade between India and the UK
B) A more liberal policy towards the movement of people from India
C) More flights between India and the UK