As far as ridiculous 999 calls go, this one has to be up there.
A member of the public shocked West Yorkshire Police's emergency call handlers by ringing to complain that their father hadn't received his P45 from his last job.
Record-breaking day for 999 calls to West Yorkshire Police
Other bizarre calls to the force in the last two months include:
- "I'm struggling to reverse out of a parking space"
- "I can hear an alarm going off, but I don't know where from"
Life behind the scenes at the West Yorkshire Police contact centre
- "My neighbour is killing wasps with a tea towel in her house"
- "It's cold"
- "My former boss is with-holding my wages"
- "I've left my cigarettes in a taxi"
- "I've lost my SIM card"
- "My eyesight isn't good"
- "I've paid a deposit on a house, changed my mind and now I can't get my money back from the landlord"
- "My TV signal has gone"
- "Someone has left a bag of dog poo on my doorstep"
- "An ATM has swallowed my card"
- "A gardening company have called to ask if I require any services"
- "My dog ran out of my house - two years ago"
- "Can you come and sell my cat's newborn kittens?"
- "My fridge light goes on and off when I walk past"