A 19-year-old man who injured four people with a machete in a scene "like something from a film" has been jailed for 10 years.
North Yorkshire Police said officers were called to a violent disturbance on Micklegate, in Selby, in the early hours of August 5, last year.
Officers attended and found a man with a slash wound across his left ear and left shoulder. He was being tended to by a friend who had suffered a cut to his chest, a spokesman said.
He said two other men had "fled for their lives" and were found about 200 metres away.
One had a large slash wound to his chest and a deep laceration down to the bone on his right bicep. The other had a deep cut to his right wrist, which caused tendon damage.
A spokesman for the force said witnesses described one of the attackers "running around, swinging it (the machete) like a light sabre in Star Wars" and "like something from a film".
READ MORE: Yorkshire men who used dogs to hunt and kill deer on Christmas Eve hauled before the courts
READ MORE: X-ray scanners detect 300 smuggled items inside prisoners at HMP Leeds in one year
Shekquarn Fitzgerald and Benjamin Wilson were arrested after a police pursuit of a black Audi which eventually collided with a taxi at Glasshoughton, in West Yorkshire.
The incident was captured on CCTV, which showed a fight involving Wilson, and then Fitzgerald retrieving a machete from the Audi before joining in and inflicting the injuries.
A member of the public located the weapon in a bin in Selby.
The spokesman confirmed that Fitzgerald, 19, admitted four counts of wounding with intent and was jailed for 10 years at York Crown Court on Thursday. He was given an extended sentence with three-year extended licence.
Wilson, 24, admitted with dangerous driving and handling stolen goods and was jailed for two years. He was also banned from driving for four years and ordered to take an extended driving test.
Both were of no fixed abode.
READ MORE: How Leeds Bradford Airport expansion will benefit Yorkshire and Northern Powerhouse – Andy Clarke
READ MORE: Smart motorways are ‘death traps’ that must be halted before more innocent lives are lost – The Yorkshire Post says
The spokesman said: "Violent incidents of this nature are extremely rare in North Yorkshire, and the investigation and subsequent court case show that they will simply not be tolerated.
"The investigation received excellent support from local business owners who provided crucial CCTV evidence, the vigilant member of the public who came forward when they found the discarded machete in their bin and the witnesses who helped identify those responsible.
"We would also like to thank the brave victims in this case. The incident has, understandably, had a significant impact on them, and we wish them well in their ongoing recovery."