Dad claims to have found moth in chocolate bar

Craig Brown.
Craig Brown.
0
Have your say

A sweet-toothed father says he is terrified to eat chocolate after finding a moth in a bar of Dairy Milk.

Craig Brown claims he found the body of the winged insect embedded in the back of the chocolate bar after buying it from a local shop.

The window cleaner had bought the treat for his three-year-old son when he found the moth buried in the chocolate.

Mr Brown, 21, said: “I bought a chocolate bar for Tyler, it cost me about 37 pence. But thankfully before I gave it to him I opened it up and saw the moth. Cadbury have since sent me a voucher for £10 - but I don’t want to eat £10 worth of chocolate. I used to love chocolate but this has completely changed things. I’m literally terrified to eat chocolate now, I have to take tiny bites because I’m worried that I’ll find another moth.”

Mr Brown, of Scarborough, took a photograph of the bar before contacting Cadbury.

“Honestly when I first looked at it I thought it was one of those big bubbles of chocolate and I thought, that doesn’t look right,” he said.

“Then I saw some juice in the chocolate and I knew it was a moth straight away.

“I’m a big lover of chocolate and I’m sat checking every bar. I wouldn’t buy that chocolate bar again. It has dented my confidence in it massively. You want to feel safe in knowing what you are eating. I’m dismantling all the chocolate I eat now.”

A spokesperson from Cadbury said: “This sounds very unpleasant for Mr Brown and we have sent him a pre-paid envelope so that he can send the product back to us.

“Once it’s returned, we will carry out an investigation to see how this could have occurred.”