In the 2012 London games, Yorkshire amassed seven gold medals, two silvers and three bronzes - which if it were a country would have placed it twelfth in the international medals table.
But even after Laugher and Mears’ heroic performance last night, Sky Bet is only offering long odds of 25/1 that the county matches or betters its haul of golds this time around.
Richard Flint, CEO of Sky Betting & Gaming said: “Yorkshire’s medal tally from 2012 will take some beating but after last night’s diving gold the athletes are off to a great start. It would be great for the region if they can match London 2012 but it’s a bit of a long shot.”
• 8/13 for boxer Nicola Adams to take gold
• 6/4 on the Brownlee brothers to both win a medal (Alistair is 5/6 to win gold, brother Jon 7/1)
• 8/1 on Alistair Brownlee to win gold and Jon to win silver
• 5/4 on Jessica Ennis-Hill win gold or 2/9 to finish in the top three
• 25/1 on golf Masters champion Danny Willet to win gold