Family escapes home blaze

0
Have your say

A family had a lucky escape from their house after their tumble dryer caught on fire.

The incident happened at 10.23pm in Great Preston, near Kippax, Leeds.

A spokesman from Garforth Fire Station said: “The two adults were downstairs, the two children asleep upstairs. The adults thought they smelt smoke and found the kitchen heavily smoke-logged. They correctly closed the door behind them and evacuated the building. We would always advise people never to leave a tumble dryer unattended and to clean out the lint drawer regularly.”

Anyone who wants a free home fire safety inspection should contact their local fire station.