Fire crews find woman unconscious in North Yorkshire house blaze

A woman was found slumped on the floor of her kitchen following reports of a fire at her home in the early hours of today.

fire engine

The incident happened shortly after 1am on Station Court, Hellifield, near Settle.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

Fire crews from Settle and Skipton were called to the property after a neighbour reported seeing flames coming from one of the rooms. When they arrived at around 1.18am, they were forced to break the door down and found a 26-year-old lying unconscious on the floor.

A spokesman said the lady was led out of the property and treated by paramedics for the effects of smoke inhalation, adding her condition was not life threatening.

It is understood the fire started after a pan of pasta was left unattended.