Four suffer smoke inhalation in Otley house fire

Four people have been taken to hospital this morning following a house fire in West Yorkshire.

Three crews attended the house fire in Otley this morning.
Three crews attended the house fire in Otley this morning.

They had suffered smoke inhalation after fire broke out in the kitchen of a house on Maylea Drive just before 6am today (Thursday).

Sign up to our daily newsletter

Fire crews from Otley, Rawdon and Shipey attended and crews wearing breathing apparatus used a hose reel to tackle the fire.

A fire spokesperson confirmed that four people were taken to hospital suffering with smoke inhalation and that the house had working smoke detectors.

A fire investigation officer also attended the incident.