Police flood streets of Sheffield in crackdown on crimeThe explosion also led to a fire and the victim suffered serious burns.
Tallmadge D'Elia, from Florida, was smoking the electronic cigarette when it exploded on May 5.
According to the Tampa Bay Times Mr D'Elia was found dead in his buring home by firefighters.
Magic Magid brings fresh face to role of Sheffield's Lord MayorA post-mortem ezamination report listed the cause of death as 'projectile wound to the head'.
the report added that Mr D'Elia suffered burns to 80 per cent of his body.