Family taken to hospital after laptop fire near York

Stockton-on-the-Forest (Photo: Google).
Stockton-on-the-Forest (Photo: Google).
0
Have your say

A family were taken to hospital after a laptop sparked a fire at a home outside of York

Crews from Huntington and York were called to a fire in the living room of the house in Stockon-on-the-Forest shortly after 1am on Friday morning.

-> Man trying to film video in woodland is robbed of camera and laptop
Two adults and two children suffered smoke inhalation and were taken to hospital by ambulance.

There was also fire damage to the sofa and smoke damage to the whole of the property.

North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue service said it believed the cause of the fire was a laptop left on charge on the sofa.

-> Police officers attacked responding to 999 call in West Yorkshire
The property had a smoke detector fitted and the family were able to leave and raise the alarm.