Leeds pensioner hurt in bedroom blaze

A PENSIONER suffered smoke inhalation after a bedroom heater caught fire at a house in the Hunslet area of Leeds.

.

Firefighters were called to an address on Rosedale Gardens at 12.06am this morning. (Sat Oct 29).

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

A West Yorkshire Fire Service spokesman said a portable heater had overheated and filled a bedroom at the property with smoke.

An elderly man suffered smoke inhalation and ambulance was requested for precautionary check up.