John Leslie's parents have angrily demanded to know why Ulrika Jonsson refused to put their son in the clear when sex allegations were made against him.
They asked: "Why did she let this happen?"
Indecent assault charges against Leslie were dropped on Thursday.
The charges came amid a media storm after Jonsson accused a well-known television presenter of raping her.
She has always refused to name her attacker but Leslie, 38, was named in connection with the attack on a Channel Five chat show.
Leslie's father Les, 63, told the Sunday Express: "When this blew up I kept thinking she must come forward.
"All she needed to say were four little words, 'It was not him'. She didn't."
He added: "Why did she let this happen? She's seen him go down, down, down. It made me despair of human nature."
Leslie's mother, Lex, added: "You don't just write books and accuse somebody and not say who it was without facing the consequences."
The charges of indecent assault that Leslie faced related to an actress who cannot be identified. Jonsson has never made a complaint.
Lex, also 63, hit out at the way her son had been treated.
She said of the police and Crown Prosecution Service: "I'm not saying he should have got privileged treatment but with him being a celebrity the pressure was on him all the time and consideration should have been taken to try and wind up things a little bit quicker."
And she added to calls for a law to protect the identity of those accused of sex crimes.
Yesterday, Leslie said he considered suicide after he was accused of indecent assault and sacked from his job presenting ITV's This Morning.
He told the Daily Express that he came to his lowest point one day last November as he walked on Sheen Common, near his home in west London.
"From successful TV celebrity, I had suddenly become portrayed as a vile monster and I could not defend myself," he said.