Man taken to hospital after car fire in Leeds spread to house

A man was taken to hospital last night in Leeds after a fire spread from a car to a house.

The fire happened in Victoria Road, Pudsey. Picture: Google

Crews from Stanningley and Bradford were called to reports of a car fire at an address in Victoria Road, Pudsey, shortly before 11.40pm last night.

Also in news: Demolition of Pudsey factory destroyed by huge fire beginsA spokeswoman said that firefighters found the flames had spread to the house itself when they arrived.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

She said two hose reels and a set of breathing apparatus were used by crews as they put out the fire.

One man suffered smoke inhalation and was transferred to hospital by ambulance, the spokeswoman said.