Man taken to hospital after car fire in Leeds spread to house

The fire happened in Victoria Road, Pudsey. Picture: Google
The fire happened in Victoria Road, Pudsey. Picture: Google

A man was taken to hospital last night in Leeds after a fire spread from a car to a house.

Crews from Stanningley and Bradford were called to reports of a car fire at an address in Victoria Road, Pudsey, shortly before 11.40pm last night.

Also in news: Demolition of Pudsey factory destroyed by huge fire begins

A spokeswoman said that firefighters found the flames had spread to the house itself when they arrived.

She said two hose reels and a set of breathing apparatus were used by crews as they put out the fire.

Also in news: Flames and thick smoke ripped through Leeds high rise tower block

One man suffered smoke inhalation and was transferred to hospital by ambulance, the spokeswoman said.