Due to signalling and electrification improvement projects being carried out throughout the Christmas and New Year period, a number of services will be re-routed or replaced by a bus service.
On Thursday 27 December, Friday 28 December and Wednesday 2 January, there will be no rail services into or out of Manchester Victoria.
Rail services will be routed to other Manchester stations, or be replaced by a bus service.
Between those dates, services into and out of Manchester Victoria have also been altered.
The routes impacted by the works are as follows:
Thursday 27 December
- Manchester Piccadilly - Hadfield/Glossop. Last service replaced by bus.
Thursday 27 - Friday 28 December and Sunday 30 December - Tuesday 1 January
- Manchester - Bolton
- Manchester - Clitheroe
- Manchester Airport - Manchester - Kirkby/Southport
- Manchester Victoria - Huddersfield via Stalybridge
- Manchester Victoria - Liverpool Lime Street via Warrington Central
- Manchester - Blackpool North
- Manchester Victoria - Leeds. The revised timetable for the Leeds service can be viewed at cloudfront.net
Tuesday 1 January
- Manchester - Liverpool Lime Street via Earlestown
Tuesday 1 - Thursday 3 January
- Manchester - Liverpool Lime Street. Late night services replaced by bus.
- Liverpool Lime Street - Preston. The 23:15 Liverpool Lime Street to Preston service will not call at Prescot, Eccleston Park, Thatto Heath Garswood and Bryn. A bus will be provided.
- Blackburn - Manchester Victoria, via Todmorden. The 23:25 Blackburn to Manchester Victoria service will be replaced by bus.
Tuesday 1 - Friday 4 January
- Blackpool - Manchester. Late night and early morning alterations to services.