Rescue after flat blaze at Leeds high rise tower block

FIREFIGHTERS rescued a person who suffered smoke inhalation during a kitchen blaze in a ninth floor flat in Leeds this morning.

Meynell Approach, Holbeck. Image: Google
Meynell Approach, Holbeck. Image: Google

Crews were called to the fire caused by a pan left on a cooker in the flat on Meynell Approach at Holbeck just before 3.30am today (Sun July 22).

Firefighters used two breathing apparatus and high powered fans to clear the flat of smoke.

One male was led to safety and taken to hospital for a precautionary check up after suffering smoke inhalation.

Pumps from Hunslet, Leeds and Stanningley attended along with aerial appliances from Leeds and Wakefield.